Monday, February 22, 2010

There probably aren't too many times where you will read the following sentence... but here goes:

I love my ex-wive.

And, I do.

Oh, we will never get back together and don't have any aspirations of that happening. Just too much water under the bridge.

However, I do love her and do want her to be happy, successful, and content in her own life. I want her to have those in every aspect of her life: career, parenting, and her relationships with other men.

And, I don't want that just so my kids can grow up in a healthy, happy environment when they are at her house.

I want it because she deserves it. She deserves every bit of it.

Honestly, I didn't always feel this way about her. There were so many times over the last five years that I wanted the quite opposite for her.

If she was in a relationship, I hoped it failed. If she was happy about something at work, I hoped she was laid off. Quite simply, if good or bad could have happened in her life, I would have preferred that that the big thing would be what happened.

I feel no remorse in feeling that way and I am sure I am not alone when thinking of their ex. However,

No comments:

Post a Comment